SATURDAY, JUNE 25 10:30A
Join us for an outdoor worship service at Bishop Lake Campground on the final day of our family camping weekend. A baptism service will follow at 1 PM. Bring a picnic lunch, lawn chairs, frisbees, and other outdoor games!
Why are we “leaving the building?”
- We want to emphasize the point that the church is not a building, but rather it is a network of relationships (a community) that chooses to worship with each other, support and love one another. The building is a tool for the church to use in order to do ministry. So, we are moving our worship service to Bishop Lake Campground where we will be joining Chilson members who will have been camping over the weekend.
Instructions for our Bishop Lake Campground Worship Service
If you already have a State Parks Pass…
- Go directly to the Bishop Lake Campground. Tell the people at the gate that you are only there for the day and then park your car (see map).
- Walk down to the worship area to the left of the campground entrance.
If you don’t have a State Parks Pass…
- You can get a one-day park pass with a michigan library card. Go to michiganactivitypass.info for more information.
- You can meet at the church and carpool over with other people who may have park passes. An usher will be at the church to give instructions to anyone who comes to the church.
- An usher will be at the campground gate to cover the entrance fee for anyone without a park pass attending the service
What should I bring?
- Lawn chairs
- Bring food if you want to eat at the campground after the service.
What if it rains?
- In the case of inclement weather, we will be worshipping at the church building. See the church website or the church facebook page for more updated information.
How will the church service be different?
- Plan on a casual service with a familiar format. We will still be having prayer, worship songs, a sermon, and communion.
What about an offering?
- Because of Chilson’s financial policies, we will not have an offering during this service. However, your contributions are still needed, so please send us your June 12th contributions this week or the next.
Directions to Bishop Lake Campground from the Church Parking Lot
Take a right out of the parking lot
Take a right on Chilson Road
Take Chilson Road to Bishop Lake Road. Take a left (Brighton Recreation Area sign will be on your right).
Follow Brighton Lake Road until you see the Campground sign on the right.