SUNDAY, JUNE 10, 10:30A
Join us at Bishop Lake Campground for an outdoor worship service. There will not be an 8:30 worship service. Entrance fee to Bishop Lake Campground is required unless you have Parks and Recreation pass. But if you don’t have the fee, don’t worry, our church will pick up the tab! Here’s more information.
Why are we “leaving the building?”
- We want to emphasize the point that the church is not a building, but rather it is a network of relationships (a community) that chooses to worship with each other, support and love one another. The building is a tool for the church to use in order to do ministry. So, we are moving our worship service to Bishop Lake Campground where we will be joining Chilson members who will have been camping over the weekend.
Instructions for our Bishop Lake Campground Worship Service
You will not need a State Park Pass to get into the Campground! It’s a free admission weekend!
What should I bring?
- Lawn chairs
- Bring food if you want to eat at the campground after the service.
What if it rains?
- In the case of inclement weather, we will be worshipping at the church building. See the church website or the church facebook page for more updated information.
How will the church service be different?
- Plan on a casual service with a familiar format. We will still be having prayer, worship songs, a sermon, and communion.
What about an offering?
- We will be having an offering this year!
Directions to Bishop Lake Campground from the Church Parking Lot
Take a right out of the parking lot
Take a right on Chilson Road
Take Chilson Road to Bishop Lake Road. Take a left (Brighton Recreation Area sign will be on your right).
Follow Brighton Lake Road until you see the Campground sign on the right.
Our church service will take place in the field next to the entrance station.