After much discussion, the leadership of the church still feels uneasy about extending an open invitation for in-person gatherings. Therefore, we are going to continue to offer streaming services live on Facebook and YouTube, but we will not be encouraging the entire congregation to resume in-person gatherings. Small group gatherings will be allowed on a case-by-case basis.
The reason for this decision is for the following reasons:
- While cases are declining in our area, vaccination distribution has been slow.
- When the executive order was lifted last Spring, churches that opened quickly became the “super-spreading” sites.
- The majority of our congregation is still vulnerable to the virus.
- We would like to confidently open our doors to the entire congregation rather than a portion that feels confident and healthy
While the date of an open invitation for in-person gatherings is still undetermined, we are encouraging you to remain engaged. Here are a few ways you can stay connected to your Chilson family
- Join our Sunday Morning Zoom lobby every Sunday starting this Sunday at 11 AM. The link to this meeting can be found in our newsletter
- Join our church meetings.
- Join a Zoom Bible study. See the links below.
- Call a fellow church member, send them a text or write them an e-mail
We also recognize that some of you are feeling the effects of being isolated from your church family. We understand this, and we want you to know that if you would like to come to church on a Sunday morning, the doors will be open and we invite you to join us in the worship center.